Amazon Polly audio version of this post
Hi there! I am going to take a hiatus from posting vlogs for the next 2 weeks while the holidays are upon us. I have a lot to do, as usual, so I’ll be spending my free time with my cutie and our families.
I hope the holiday season has treated you well and that you have a fantastic 2020!
What have you accomplished this year? Don’t feel bad if you can’t come up with an answer straight away. Most people can’t. It can be hard to pat yourself on the back for all of the things you managed to do, especially if you struggle with mental or other health issues.
It’s enough that you’ve made it through the year. There certainly is a lot about the state of the world to worry about. Sometimes we have to focus our efforts on the things we can do, rather than what feels out of our control.
As for myself, I think I’ve accomplished a decent amount this year.
- First group game-jam submission
- Finally got Tenk Werz to a state I can feel happy calling done
- Learned a lot about the platforms I use at work
- Went to the UK for the first time and blogged each day!
- Drove on the left side of the road for the first time
- Started my medical transition (a long time coming!)
- Picked a name! (I will be Lilithe, but I plan to make a more comprehensive post about that in the future.)
- Coded a 3D engine from scratch in C++ (with the help of onelonecoder.com, of course!)
- Ripped my first famiclone and learned about the weird world of NES clone hardware
I’m sure there’s more in there, but that’s a quick list for now. As you can see, it’s easy to start coming up with things once you really think about it. Be proud of yourself for making it through 2019 and extra proud for all of the little things you did, for yourself or for others.
Have a happy holiday! 💜 𝓛𝓲𝓵